UPDATE – MONDAY, OCTOBER 28
CURRENT VISITING RESTRICTIONS
- All members of a single household can now visit once per day for up to two hours (limit of two people at a time)
- Children under 16 can now visit
- All other visitors are limited to one person per day, per resident, for up to two hours.
- All visitors must follow the directions of staff, including physical distancing and wearing a mask at all times.
- All visitors to an aged care facility must show proof of vaccination.
- Visiting Hours: Weekdays 2 – 6 p.m. Weekends 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
The following people cannot enter residential aged care facilities:
- People who have returned from overseas in the last 14 days
- People who have been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- People who are unwell, including with a fever or symptoms of acute respiratory illness (e.g. cough, sore throat, runny nose, shortness of breath)
- People who do not have an up-to-date (i.e. 2020) flu vaccination.
If you have any questions about visiting Maddocks Gardens, give us a call.
You can contact our Main Reception on (03) 5150 3659.
Bairnsdale Regional Health Service and the staff of Maddocks Gardens have been preparing since early March for the anticipated scenario of an increase in Coronavirus cases in this community.
We continue daily to take every available measure to improve the health system’s readiness and protect our patients, the community, and the residents and staff of Maddocks Gardens.
BRHS’ COVID-19 Incident Management Team is comprised of Executive staff, clinical and operations leads across the health service. The IMT meets daily to direct and monitor COVID-19 activities and preparedness, including supplies, staffing, communication to both staff and the public, ongoing education and training for clinical staff, and coordination with other agencies.
BRHS is working closely with the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services and other hospitals and health care services in the state to ensure we are as best prepared as possible to meet the challenges ahead.
The general public and visitors to the hospital play a vital role in combating Coronavirus and reducing the spread of the disease in our community.
Please heed the health messages you are hearing, and adhere to the restrictions in place during this extraordinary time.
All visitors will be screened on entry by Maddocks Gardens staff. This involves having your temperature taken, and answering a few questions about recent travel and contact with others.
PROOF OF IMMUNISATION
All visitors to aged care facilities in Victoria must now show proof of influenza immunisation. People who have not been immunised will not be allowed entry. Appropriate evidence might include:
- a statement or record from a health practitioner or
- an immunisation history statement from Medicare online or the Express Plus Medicare mobile app.
MAIN ENTRANCE ONLY
All visitors must use the main front entrance door off McKean Street.
If you have questions about any of these requirements, please give us call on (03) 5150 3659.
We do understand these changes may be difficult for those of you who have loved ones staying with us. If you can’t be here with them in person, we encourage you to keep in touch with them by phone or video call.
The staff at Maddocks Gardens can help arrange a Skype or Facetime video call with a resident. If you’d like to know more about that, or anything to do with these recent changes, give us a call on (03) 5150 3659.
We thank you wholeheartedly for your contribution to keeping our residents, your loved ones, and the community safe.
Please stay informed about COVID-19 in Victoria at www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/Coronavirus