UPDATED – THURSDAY, FEB. 18
CURRENT VISITING RESTRICTIONS
- All visitors must wear a face mask.
- All visitors must sign a Declaration stating that they ;
- Are not unwell, including fever or symptoms of acute respiratory illness (e.g. cough, sore throat, runny nose, shortness of breath)
- Have not been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- Are not required to self isolate
- Have not visited any Public Exposure Sites as per the Department of Health and Human Services list.
- There are no time restrictions to your visit.
- There are no designated visiting times.
- There has been no Direction from the Department of Health and Human Services regarding mandatory flu vaccinations for 2021.
If you have any questions about visiting Maddocks Gardens, give us a call.
You can contact our Main Reception on (03) 5150 3659.
Bairnsdale Regional Health Service and the staff of Maddocks Gardens have been preparing since early March for the anticipated scenario of an increase in Coronavirus cases in this community.
We continue daily to take every available measure to improve the health system’s readiness and protect our patients, the community, and the residents and staff of Maddocks Gardens.
BRHS’ COVID-19 Incident Management Team is comprised of Executive staff, clinical and operations leads across the health service. The IMT meets daily to direct and monitor COVID-19 activities and preparedness, including supplies, staffing, communication to both staff and the public, ongoing education and training for clinical staff, and coordination with other agencies.
BRHS is working closely with the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services and other hospitals and health care services in the state to ensure we are as best prepared as possible to meet the challenges ahead.
The general public and visitors to the hospital play a vital role in combating Coronavirus and reducing the spread of the disease in our community.
Please heed the health messages you are hearing, and adhere to the restrictions in place during this extraordinary time.
All visitors will be screened on entry by Maddocks Gardens staff. This involves having your temperature taken, and answering a few questions about recent travel and contact with others.
MAIN ENTRANCE ONLY
All visitors must use the main front entrance door off McKean Street.
If you have questions about any of these requirements, please give us call on (03) 5150 3659.
We do understand these changes may be difficult for those of you who have loved ones staying with us. If you can’t be here with them in person, we encourage you to keep in touch with them by phone or video call.
The staff at Maddocks Gardens can help arrange a Skype or Facetime video call with a resident. If you’d like to know more about that, or anything to do with these recent changes, give us a call on (03) 5150 3659.
We thank you wholeheartedly for your contribution to keeping our residents, your loved ones, and the community safe.
Please stay informed about COVID-19 in Victoria at www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/Coronavirus