A comprehensive activities program is offered to all of our residents and is designed to encompass a range of activity types:
Maintaining Spiritual needs
Four denominations attend Maddocks Gardens on a regular basis.
Pet Therapy, Flower arranging, Cooked Breakfast twice a month, Herb Gardening, cooking with own produce and brought ingredients, painting, arts and craft, hand rubs & beauty care, hairdresser weekly. Taste and smell special events e.g. Tea Tasting from around the world .
Word games, quizzes, crosswords, Hoy/Bingo games, poetry reading residents assist, Pictionary, painting, art & craft, computer assistance available, local school involved, reminiscence, arm chair travel, board games.
Walking program, falls prevention exercise groups Monday to Friday, croquet, bowls, darts, skittles, hooky, mini golf, quoits and more.
We run two community social lunch outings weekly and provide social inclusion days with other Aged Care facilities, Ross St Planned Activity Group, primary/secondary schools and other community groups, Euchre Ladies, bowls clubs and more.
In addition to this, we also run
- Large social Events to include family and representatives to maintain family inclusion.
- Monthly themes/special events pertaining to topics around the world – cultural, seasonal diversity.
- Weekly Forums suggestion & information sessions, Monthly Residents Meetings offering choice and decision making.
- One on one care and social interaction, palliative care.
- Weekend activities, Bingo Sat Sutherland/ Sun Bluegum, Banksia – Weekend Treasure and Information Challenge quiz pamphlet, provides exercise while covering OH & S information in a fun/interesting quiz.
- Pre dinner Drinks three times weekly social interaction
- Music- Live Concert/ Choirs groups booked weekly/ monthly
We welcome any queries you may have regarding our activities program, simply contact us today for more information.